Saturday, January 1, 2011

52 Recipes, 52 Countries!

Hello! It's a brand new year and I think everyone gets a bit hopeful and full of excitement for turning over a new leaf and making this year the best one ever!

Well, I tried making/sticking to resolutions thing years ago and after years of failed attempts and then being disappointed, I finally figured out resolutions are only setting yourself up for failure. So...last year I decided to just make it as good year as possible, to try new things, and to live by one of my favorite quotes "live the life you've always imagined" (Henry David Thoreau)

And success for 2010! Hooray!

So, 2011, I wanted to try something else new...and that was to cook more often, to actually COOK. Perhaps my confidence has been boosted by the compliments I received at our Christmas dinner party in which I successfully made Beef Wellington.

The pride I felt when everyone exclaimed how good it tasted and went back for seconds... what a fantastic feeling to have someone enjoy your cooking. It's such a labor of love!

I discussed the idea with Justin (my husband, who will also partake in this project), and he suggested why not try recipes from 52 different countries. At first I thought... "um cooking 52 different recipes alone will be hard..." but then I really thought about it... think of all the cuisines around the world our taste buds haven't even been subjected to!

And so... CULINARY 52 started to take root in our heads. Justin and I both love food, love to cook, and both like trying new things.

Over the course of the year we will be posting (but probably mostly me ^_^) recipes we're going to be cooking, reviews of restaurants we dine at in whatever city we happen to be in, and other foodie related goodies.

Happy New Year & Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment